I have been totally obsessed with obtaining Pink eye shadow (e/s) for the last few months. In the past, I have poo-pooed the thought of any WOC (women of color) using pink eye shadow on the lid because I felt like it did not work.
You are probably thinking “when did this change of heart occur with Pink e/s?” The Heatherette for MAC! The Heatherette Trio 2 included a light pink, a grape purple and midtone pink. I got the Trio #1 instead because I love any shade of teal. But then, I noticed many Heatherette Trio #2 WOC FOTDs on Specktra.
During the early part of the summer, I realized that I needed to have the Heatherette trio #2 in my collection. I searched high and low for the Trio, but I could not find it, so I was on the hunt for mid-tone pinks.
To date I have:
- Urban Decay Hot Pants – Smooth and wonderful.
- MAC Sunset B – The right shade, lustre-like (which is not good), but definitely works with some paint pots and NYX jumbo eye pencils
- NYX Dolly Pink – too much fall out, seems to work well with NYX jumbo eye pencils
- Pink Too Faced Shadows – Wonderful and smooth, the color payoff is strong. Definite must haves! Check out Swatch Gallery for images.
- Nouba single e/s 51 – Bright Pink shadow is a must have. The texture is smooth and the color payoff is strong as well. (Sidebar: I have a few of the Nouba products, an Italian cosmetics brand, and I really like the stuff I have. The price is comparable to MAC, but I have found a website that offers discount prices on the brand)
- Bourjois Shimmering Shine Eye Shadow in Rose Electron – I have only swatched it on my hand and the liquid eye shadow is quite brilliant and I cannot wait to wear it
- Korres Pink e/s – Looks like a soft silvery pink on me.
- Pop Eye Cakes in Bright Pink – The texture and color payoff are fine, but I think with a good eye shadow base, the pinks will sing. 🙂
(All products are MAC unless stated)
- MSF Dark
- NYX Concealer in Nutmeg
- Matte Gel
- L’Oreal De-Crease Base
- Nice Vice Paint Pot
- L’Oreal Cream Rich Crayon Adventurous
- Nouba Single e/s 51 (Bright Pink) on lid
- Korres Pink e/s (inner corner)
- Nouba Single e/s 24 (Midnight Charcoal) in crease
- Black Ore Solar Bits (in crease)
- Tan side from the L’Oreal Hip Duo Adventurous (highlighter)
- L’Oreal Naturale Mascara in Black
- Too Faced Foiled Liner – Black Beauty
- Sweet Tooth T/T
- Cyber l/s
- NYX Narcissus l/s
You still have time to support the Total Beauty – Total Cure Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
Filed under: Review, Shopping, Too Faced, Urban Decay | Tagged: Cosmetics, Eye Shadow, MAC Cosmetics, Makeup, NYX Cosmetics, Pink | 10 Comments »