Posted on October 17, 2008 by Pumps And Gloss
I decided to post some Pink e/s swatches, so you can compare. (I also updated the Swatch Gallery,
so you can see more pink eye shadow swatches) My favorite non-Too Faced pink e/s is Nouba 51 (Bright Pink). I am not sure if the picture gives it justice, but the color is sharp and the texture is smooth. Definitely worth checking out.
I found out that the Nouba
brand uses similar or the same ingredients as MAC products and the prices are very similar, actually Nouba is slightly more expensive than MAC, while the e/s packaging is similar to NARS, same rubber exterior and interior mirror.
If you want to check out online, here are some stores.
- Bebeautiful – Offers Nouba at a discounted rate.
- Beauty Encounter – Has great photos of these products, since I have already some, I can tell you the colors (images) are pretty accurate.
MAC Sunset B, NYX Dolly Pink, Urban Decay HotPants, Nouba 51
Too Faced Steel Magnolia Duo Eye Shadow
REMEMBER to check out the Total Beauty – Total Cure campaign. You still have time to support.
Filed under: MAC Cosmetics, NYX Cosmetics, Too Faced, Urban Decay | Tagged: Cosmetics, Eye Shadow, Nouba, Pink, Swatches | 5 Comments »
Posted on October 13, 2008 by Pumps And Gloss
I have been totally obsessed with obtaining Pink eye shadow (e/s) for the last few months. In the past, I have poo-pooed the thought of any WOC (women of color) using pink eye shadow on the lid because I felt like it did not work.
You are probably thinking “when did this change of heart occur with Pink e/s?” The Heatherette for MAC! The Heatherette Trio 2 included a light pink, a grape purple and midtone pink. I got the Trio #1 instead because I love any shade of teal. But then, I noticed many Heatherette Trio #2 WOC FOTDs on Specktra.
During the early part of the summer, I realized that I needed to have the Heatherette trio #2 in my collection. I searched high and low for the Trio, but I could not find it, so I was on the hunt for mid-tone pinks.
To date I have:
- Urban Decay Hot Pants – Smooth and wonderful.
- MAC Sunset B – The right shade, lustre-like (which is not good), but definitely works with some paint pots and NYX jumbo eye pencils
- NYX Dolly Pink – too much fall out, seems to work well with NYX jumbo eye pencils
- Pink Too Faced Shadows – Wonderful and smooth, the color payoff is strong. Definite must haves! Check out Swatch Gallery for images.
- Nouba single e/s 51 – Bright Pink shadow is a must have. The texture is smooth and the color payoff is strong as well. (Sidebar: I have a few of the Nouba products, an Italian cosmetics brand, and I really like the stuff I have. The price is comparable to MAC, but I have found a website that offers discount prices on the brand)
- Bourjois Shimmering Shine Eye Shadow in Rose Electron – I have only swatched it on my hand and the liquid eye shadow is quite brilliant and I cannot wait to wear it
- Korres Pink e/s – Looks like a soft silvery pink on me.
- Pop Eye Cakes in Bright Pink – The texture and color payoff are fine, but I think with a good eye shadow base, the pinks will sing. 🙂
(All products are MAC unless stated)
- MSF Dark
- NYX Concealer in Nutmeg
- Matte Gel
- L’Oreal De-Crease Base
- Nice Vice Paint Pot
- L’Oreal Cream Rich Crayon Adventurous
- Nouba Single e/s 51 (Bright Pink) on lid
- Korres Pink e/s (inner corner)
- Nouba Single e/s 24 (Midnight Charcoal) in crease
- Black Ore Solar Bits (in crease)
- Tan side from the L’Oreal Hip Duo Adventurous (highlighter)
- L’Oreal Naturale Mascara in Black
- Too Faced Foiled Liner – Black Beauty
- Sweet Tooth T/T
- Cyber l/s
- NYX Narcissus l/s
You still have time to support the Total Beauty – Total Cure Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
Filed under: Review, Shopping, Too Faced, Urban Decay | Tagged: Cosmetics, Eye Shadow, MAC Cosmetics, Makeup, NYX Cosmetics, Pink | 10 Comments »
Posted on May 21, 2008 by Pumps And Gloss
I got the e-mail from Beauty.com, I had to check it out. Beauty.com is offering 20% off all products ON May 21, 2008 ONLY!!! (You have until 11:59 PST.) One restriction is that items purchased from Drugstore.com (partner site) will not receive the 20% discount.
You can find top beauty brands like Urban Decay, Stila, theBalm, Lorac and CARGO. You can also purchase skincare products, beauty tools and other related beauty needs.
Click on —-> Beauty.com to activate the 20% discount. The sale excludes such brands as Michael Kors, Sean Jean, Missoni, Tommy Hilfiger, Aramis, Lab Series, Mustang and Nars *gasp*
Beauty.com is great because each shipped orders earns you a 5% rebate to be used at the beginning of each quarter. The more you spend, the more you earn.
UPDATE – click on —-> to activate the 20% discount.
Have fun shopping,
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: Beauty, Cosmetics, Make-up, Sale | Leave a comment »