Get out and VOTE today!
Are you FIRED UP??? Are you READY TO GO?? Well get out and vote!!! Fire up your Blackberry, iPhone, iPod Touch and/or iPod to entertain yourself while in the line. Bring a friend, so he or she can hold your place, if you need a bathroom break, bring snacks for your and fellow voters. Whatever you do, GO VOTE!! America needs change!
If you need election info – Go to the Election 2008 tab.
PLEASE NOTE: If your name, for whatever reason, does not show up on the Voter’s Roll, DO NOT cast a provisional ballot. Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE and the call center staff will assist you through the process.
See you at the polls,
I have been totally excited about the Sephora’s Friends and Family 20% off event starting November 6th to November 10th. The online discount code is FF2008.
Well, I was checking my updated Blackberry Curve, (thanks Brit) and I was too happy to see an e-mail about Beauty.com’s Friends and Family 20% off Sale. My only beef with this sale is that it excludes NARS. You need the link <— to get the 20% off. The sale starts @ 12:01 AM, November 5th to 11:59 PM, November 7th. (No time zone was specified) Remember that every purchase earns a 5% cash back.
NARS Cosmetics get rave reviews from many beauty addicts. Prior to a few weeks ago, I only owned one NARS Cosmetic product, Torrid Blush, which I adore. I usually layer Torrid with MAC’s Refined Beyond Bronzer and Sweet As Cocoa blush….nice combo.
Since, I have been obsessed with pink eye shadows, I decided to see what NARS had. I checked out Beauty.com because A. I get 5% cash back for every order and B. free shipping over $49, which is not hard to do (especially, if I linger on Drugstore.com)
So I ordered the NARS Duo in Sugarland, but when I got it, the “pink” side looked quite lilac, which is not a bad thing, but not what I thought it would be. I do think the color is pretty as it has a hint of gold with the lilac.
I was still on the hunt for the pink. I found a $10 off $60 coupon at Beauty.com. (Coupon expires 12/31/2008 and can be used more than once) I purchased the NARS Brazil Duo and Pink Panther cream duo, which is absolutely delicious. The “Pink” side of the Brazil duo is a mauvy red.
In the FOTD below, I used L’Oreal HiP Color Rich Cream Crayon in Unmistakable (Pink) as a base, which is similar to the Pink side of the Brazil duo. The crease includes MAC Twinks and theBalm ShadyLady Caught in the Act Courtney e/s. The highlighter shadow is the tan (goldish) side of the Sugarland duo. Liner is Hard Candy Super Slim Eye Pencil. (I love, love, love this liner because the line is not bulky). Mascara is L’Oreal Naturale in Black.
I do like the NARS shadows that I have, but I do not think I will be purchasing much more…maybe a lipstick or foundation, which seems to be WOC friendly. But you never know with me, I can be seduced by NARS. I will keep you posted. 🙂
I will post the NARS swatches to the Swatch Gallery very soon.
The 2008 Election is nigh and I hope all you have registered to vote.
Remember that your vote counts and the only poll that really MATTERS, is the ballot cast on Election Day(s).
At this point in the game, you should NOT be undecided. So chose your choice and VOTE (Early vote, if you can)!!
The nonpartisan Election Protection Coalition has launched its national 1-866-OUR-VOTE voter assistance hotline and the poll location website www.MyPollingPlace.com. 1-866-OUR-VOTE is the only national voter assistance hotline staffed by live call center operators trained to provide state specific assistance to all voters.
If your name, for whatever reason, does not show up on the Voter’s Roll, DO NOT cast a provisional ballot. Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE and the call center staff will assist you through the process.
Also check out, The Vote for Change, there you will find ID requirement info, Voter Rights, how to report voting problems, etc. A great resource!!
See you at the Polls,
You still have time to support out the Total Beauty – Total Cure campaign.
REMEMBER to check out the Total Beauty – Total Cure campaign. You still have time to support.
I have been totally obsessed with obtaining Pink eye shadow (e/s) for the last few months. In the past, I have poo-pooed the thought of any WOC (women of color) using pink eye shadow on the lid because I felt like it did not work.
You are probably thinking “when did this change of heart occur with Pink e/s?” The Heatherette for MAC! The Heatherette Trio 2 included a light pink, a grape purple and midtone pink. I got the Trio #1 instead because I love any shade of teal. But then, I noticed many Heatherette Trio #2 WOC FOTDs on Specktra.
During the early part of the summer, I realized that I needed to have the Heatherette trio #2 in my collection. I searched high and low for the Trio, but I could not find it, so I was on the hunt for mid-tone pinks.
To date I have:
- Urban Decay Hot Pants – Smooth and wonderful.
- MAC Sunset B – The right shade, lustre-like (which is not good), but definitely works with some paint pots and NYX jumbo eye pencils
- NYX Dolly Pink – too much fall out, seems to work well with NYX jumbo eye pencils
- Pink Too Faced Shadows – Wonderful and smooth, the color payoff is strong. Definite must haves! Check out Swatch Gallery for images.
- Nouba single e/s 51 – Bright Pink shadow is a must have. The texture is smooth and the color payoff is strong as well. (Sidebar: I have a few of the Nouba products, an Italian cosmetics brand, and I really like the stuff I have. The price is comparable to MAC, but I have found a website that offers discount prices on the brand)
- Bourjois Shimmering Shine Eye Shadow in Rose Electron – I have only swatched it on my hand and the liquid eye shadow is quite brilliant and I cannot wait to wear it
- Korres Pink e/s – Looks like a soft silvery pink on me.
- Pop Eye Cakes in Bright Pink – The texture and color payoff are fine, but I think with a good eye shadow base, the pinks will sing. 🙂
(All products are MAC unless stated)
- MSF Dark
- NYX Concealer in Nutmeg
- Matte Gel
- L’Oreal De-Crease Base
- Nice Vice Paint Pot
- L’Oreal Cream Rich Crayon Adventurous
- Nouba Single e/s 51 (Bright Pink) on lid
- Korres Pink e/s (inner corner)
- Nouba Single e/s 24 (Midnight Charcoal) in crease
- Black Ore Solar Bits (in crease)
- Tan side from the L’Oreal Hip Duo Adventurous (highlighter)
- L’Oreal Naturale Mascara in Black
- Too Faced Foiled Liner – Black Beauty
- Sweet Tooth T/T
- Cyber l/s
- NYX Narcissus l/s
You still have time to support the Total Beauty – Total Cure Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.